Saturday, January 20, 2007

NOT JUST ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW

Ever notice how opinionated people can be? Are you particularly opinionated? Got a view about something that just pumps you up and makes you want to fight? Want to make people see how wrong they are about something and how disagreeable it makes them look? Wouldn't think of being obnoxious yourself, huh? That's not you.

But the fact is, you are obnoxious. And so am I. And we need, you & I, to examine ourselves carefully and with the cautious caring of knowing how imperfect we are. We don't have to be too hard on ourselves, but we do need to be humble and discerning! After all, in this world of discomfort and pain, we are asked by our Lord and Saviour, to love others as ourselves!

I know and am painfully aware of how imperfect I am and I wish to be someone much better than this that I am. But in life's daily struggles and battles, I will not give up the prize, that which is the high calling of God, for me and you to do and to be someone better than we have been.

Sinners all! All of us, every one, lacking in the graces which would allow us entrance to the Heavenly Kingdom of peace and rest and love, we need to know and understand that no matter what we have done, He loves us still and desires us to seek His face. And as bad as we are, we were bought by the price of Jesus' blood.

So lets not be too high & mighty... the end of the story has a page with our names on it.

No comments: